Monday, August 1, 2011

Everyday Heroes



What does it take nowadays to be labeled as a hero? When I think about heroes of the past century, I think about people like Martin Luther King Jr, Mother Teresa, Helen Keller, Rosa Parks, John Lennon, and the FDNY. These people made a true difference in the world as we know and everyone they came into contact with, but the real question I am posing is can anyone be a hero to someone else?

Throughout my life, I have come into contact with many people who I believe are everyday heroes. These people do not have qualities like being able to fly or super strength; they have attributes such as compassion, generosity, and patience. Whether it has been a teacher, a coach, or my dad, each and every person has made a tremendous difference in shaping my attitude, life, and overall thinking as an individual. These people have all helped me grow as a person and I have learned to try and become a hero to other individuals. Whether its a conversation with someone when they are feeling down, teaching someone something new, or even just a smile creating this attitude and demeanor around people can make you an everyday hero to a certain someone. I became the person I am today because of the people who have shaped my life for the better, these people are everyday heroes to me. Learn to become an everyday hero to people whom you love.  Embody Heroic characteristics such as compassion, generosity, patience, loyalty, and honesty. 

Haas

No comments:

Post a Comment